Cyprian Kamil Norwid was a Polish writer (1821-1883).
His work, rediscovered today, provides an insight into the mind of an artist trying to make sense of the world in his unique way – through his religion, upbringing, language and history.
Having his work read by future generations was one of his hopes.
- On Cyprian Norwid. Studies and Essays: Vol. 1– The book is the first volume of an extensive four-volume monograph devoted to the work of Cyprian Norwid.
- “Miłość – czysta u kąpieli morskich” – komedia Cypriana Kamila Norwida – – Polskie Radio PL presents a short Norwid comedy.
- Norwidiana.blogspot.com – is as close as I can find to a site that posts **updated** news about a writer who died in 1883.
- Fundacja Museion Norwid – the plan to open a museum dedicated to Norwid in 2021 on the 200th anniversary of his birth.
- Studia Norwidiana – the first English translation of “Studia Norwidiana” available in PDF.
Norwid – 3 English Translations
Reading Norwid in Polish one can hear the author’s unique voice. Translators have a difficult task in trying to interpret, translate and maintain that voice.
English versions of one of Norwid’s short poems as interpreted by 3 different translators.
Norwid in Song
Norwid’s work has inspired artists to produce musical interpretations of his writings.
Daj Mi Wstążkę Błękitną
Performed by Czesław Niemen.
Performed by Wanda Warska